This report addresses how the auto rickshaw sector can play a key role in improving sustainability for urban transport, and addresses negative perceptions of rickshaws. We also introduce new models of regulation and reforms that can be adopted for a more efficient and safer system and enable the rickshaw to have an optimal role in the transport mix.
- Full Report (PDF, 44 pages, 2.2 MB)
- Mumbai Rickshaws: http://www.embarq.org/en/video/cities-focus-mumbai-rickshaws
- Vikram: http://www.embarq.org/en/video/snapshot-vikram
- Vatsala: http://www.embarq.org/en/video/snapshot-vatsala
Related Blog Posts:
- By Akshay Mani: http://thecityfix.com/blog/author/akshay142